Chromecast is a device that you used to cast videos from your mobile or your computer to your TV. And it is also directly connected to the internet. This means that it does not depend on the connected device to stream the video instead, it independently fetches the video from the internet.
And the resolution of the video casting through Chromecast depends on the TV it is connected to. So if you wish to stream the videos in a high-quality resolution then make sure that your TV supports the highest resolution.
How to Adjust Chromecast Resolution
There are two ways to adjust the resolution of Chromecast and I will mention them both below.
So check them out to adjust the resolution of your Chromecast device.
Method no.1: adjust it with your mobile device
If you are casting your desired video through your mobile device then you can adjust the resolution of the video with the selected app. VLC and MX player are two of the apps which allow you to adjust the resolution of the videos.
Follow the steps below to adjust the resolution through VLC and MX player.
- Step no.1: Go to your VLC app and then navigate to more options somewhere at the bottom and then further go to the settings of VLC.
- Step no.2: On the settings, you will find the option of video screen orientation.
- Step no.3: There you can either select landscape or automatic in order to adjust the resolution of your video on Chromecast.
You can also use the same steps for other video-playing apps as well.
Method no.2: adjust the resolution through your PC
When you are casting the video from your PC then you have an option of adjusting the resolution of the video through adjusting the resolution of your screen.
Follow the steps below to adjust the resolution through your PC.
- Step no.1: Go to the start menu and then to the settings from that.
- Step no.2: From the settings select the display option on the left. There you can adjust the display resolution to whatever your preferred resolution is.
- Step no.3: Once you have adjusted the display resolution. You can start casting the video through chrome casting to check the difference in the resolution.
Chromecast is a casting device that you can use to cast videos from apps that your TV does not initially support. And the above-mentioned ways are how you can adjust the resolution of your Chromecast.