Securing your devices with a password is always important. Especially to protect it if it falls into the wrong hand. So if your device will be password protected then you will not have to worry about your data being stolen by someone or someone having an access to your data.
And it is also important to have a password that is not easily predictable. And it is also recommended to use a combination of words, numbers, and characters to make it even more difficult to predict.
And also make sure that not all your devices have the same password so that even if someone has predicted one of your passwords, they are still not able to have access to any other devices of yours.
You can change password on computer startup by the following ways.
3 Ways to Change Password on Computer Startup
Now let’s learn different ways:
Method no.1: How to change your password
- Step no.1: On the bottom left of your computer screen you will find a start button, so tap on it.
- Step no.2: From the list visible on the left, click on settings from there.
- Step no.3: Now click on accounts.
- Step no.4: Now from the menu, tap on sign-in options.
- Step no.5: Now from the change your account password, tap on change.
- Step no.6: Now to complete the password change process, you are required to log in with your Microsoft account.
- Step no.7: Now you are required to enter the last four digits of your phone number which you have used in your Microsoft account, in order to receive a code that is required to change your password.
- Step no.8: Once you have received the code, enter it in the given box.
- Step no.9: Now you will be redirected to a new page where you will enter your old password, then your new password and then you will be asked to enter your new password again to confirm it.
- Step no.10: Through the above-mentioned steps you have successfully changed your password on the computer startup.
Method no.2: Convert your password to a pin
Now the first 4 steps are the same as mentioned above and after that follow the steps given below.
- Step no.1: From the sign-in options. Tap on adding underpin.
- Step no.2: Now to complete the password change process, you are required to log in with your Microsoft account.
- Step no.3: Now enter a new pin and then reenter it again to confirm it.
- Step no.4: Click enter to confirm the change.
Method no.3: How to change your password to a password picture?
This also has the same initial 4 steps as the previous one and after that follow the below steps.
- Step no.1: From the sign-in option, tap on add under picture password.
- Step no.2: Now enter your Microsoft password to know it is you making the change.
- Step no.3: Now tap on choose a picture to select a picture.
- Step no.4: Once you have selected the image, tap on choose this picture.
- Step no.5: Now set three gestures as a part of your picture and click enter after that, you have made the changes successfully.